Tuesday 1 April 2008

母亲是伟大的 - the pains & aches of pregnancy

How true it is when my mom used to tell me that I will only understand her position when I become a mom myself!

Pregnancy is really not easy. After getting through the 1st trimester after much moaning & groaning, I'm now faced with the symptoms of the 2nd trimester.

My 1st tri symptoms
1) Fatigue - I will feel really sleepy by 8pm and by 9pm I will be fast asleep. Now I know why I seem so exhausted in Hokkaido. Certainly not one of the "miracles" of onsen.
2) Hot - My temperature just wouldn't go below 36.9 degrees, in fact it kept hovering at 37 degrees. I should have known better thou the pregnancy test kit had only 1 line initially!
4) High - Somehow I just could no longer hold my liqour. I merely had a couple of sips of Sapporo beer & my face was flushed & I thought I was flying. This was hard to fathom, when I know I could down many many more mugs! Again, I should have realised something was amiss.. tsk tsk. 5) Expanding, itchy boops & aerolas - Wa, the amount of cream & oil that I lather on them, unbelievable! A comforting point is that seems that only females with big boobs get this. LOL. From googling, appears that most women who grumble about this are the Ang Mos.. Asians seem to complain abt their itchy expanding tummies.. which I have not yet experienced *touch wood*!
6) Peeing ever so often - despite me emptying my bladder each night before I sleep, I will still need to get out of bed at 2 or 3am in the morning just to process No. 2.
7) Nausea - need I say more?

My 2nd tri symptoms
1) Bleeding gums - check out my earlier post. At this point I'm typing, I can taste the blood in my mouth. Gross!
2) Super hard stools - the pain is unbearable, no thanks to the extra iron supplements
3) Leg cramps - boo hoo.. they just hit you in the middle of the night when you're sound asleep and it just seems like end of the world. It was only when I started saying Hail Marys and whispering to JD not to torture mama, did it then seem to subside. Since then, I've been downing glasses & glasses of milk. For calcium.

I wonder what's in store for the remaining weeks of my 2nd tri as well as the 3rd tri. If pre pregnancy can bring about so much agony, what's when the kid reaches the terrible 2 stage & the rebellious teenage years? But I'm sure there's a joy to look forward to, like the joy I bring to my parents! I'm sure they have never regretted bringing me into their lives, which I know I've brightened up so much more than what a zillion light bulbs could ever have done! LOL

No comments: