Wednesday 9 April 2008

civic mindedness on the MRT

Monday 7 April 2008

It was already 8pm. Although many people are heading home & the MRT is packed, somehow SMRT still denotes it as OFF PEAK. Beats me.

I was lining up at the station door at Raffles Pl mrt, 1st in line, patiently waiting for the train to arrive. A young lady, came & stood beside me, inching her body closer & closer to me, aka closer to the station door. I'm starting to smell something fishy...

True enough, when the train arrived, she literally pushed me to edge her way into the train 1st. Why.. my guess is to get a seat. Luckily I was prepared so I had broadened the width between my legs for more stablity & pushed her back with no further hesitation. So I entered the train 1st. Not very civilised behaviour on my part either I admit, but.. I guess this is a dog eat dog world. U offend me, be prepared for consequences.

That smelly woman, who coincidentally has a sour, LPPL face ( I wonder why) managed to get a seat opp me. I took her photo, pretty clear one. But alas, I found out that unless the photo actually depicted her caught in the act, I should not be posting it publicly as it could lead to legal implications. Ah Fong - FYI....

Tuesday 8 April 2008

I was on the way to work, needless to say, on a super packed train. I was standing at one end of the train. It was not a good morning, I had nausea since I woke up. Still, I do not expect seated people to give up their seats to me, understandably they're prob still trying to catch some 40 winks before they reach work. To my pleasant surprise, when someone got off the seat to alight at the other end, the 3 ladies standing next to me actually called out to me to take that seat! Gasp! What a far cry from the previous day's incident. There is hope afterall in civic mindedness in Singapore!

Wednesday 9 April 2008

I was standing in front of the row of seats when at Bishan MRT, this lady decided to squeeze herself in between me & the row of seats. Sometimes it's almost impossible to comprehend the brains & actions of some humans. I almost lost my balance and her hair was in my face, and her hair is those long, curly wolly kind which somehow always reeks of wax. In any case, I just went " Niagh Liao Lor" into her ears. I was half expecting a cat fight to arise, but luckily she got the hint and moved away.

In short, never offend an educated, ex ah lian, filled with raging pregnancy hormones.

No comments: