Sunday 27 April 2008

My 1st driving experience after a lapse of 4 months

I've not driven since I found out I was pregnant. Initially it was because I was on utrogestan which made me drowsy. But as time went by, I became lazier and depended on either my dad or dw to drive me around.

Last week, we collected our new car. For the past week, dw has been driving it. Though it felt great to be chauffeured around, I couldn't resist the temptation when dw asked me this afternoon if I wanted to give it a shot.

I drove from my house to Han's place in Bukit Timah. I can finally empathise with the fears of those girlfriends who were scared to take to the roads again after not driving for ages. Despite it being a lapse of only 4 months, I was really hesitant especially after I got out of the car park & hit the main roads. Switching lanes was a headache and I almost didn't stop at a zebra crossing! Luckily dw was on hand to alert me. Nevertheless, after a while, I got the hang of operating the new Altis and was able to cruise down the PIE smoothly.

But if you were to ask me if I would attempt this feat again anytime soon, I'll probably tell you I'll pass. Reflexes are alot slower because you are no longer as agile with a big tummy and it is indeed even more restrictive with the seatbelt. I'll rather play it safe for the time being..

No comments: