Tuesday 21 July 2009

How Snooty!

Heard this from Dw's friend whose kid joined an elite school in mid primary as he was selected for a gifted programme. Dw's friend is just an average joe, middle class family.

At the kid's classmate's birthday party:

Kid gave classmate a book as a present.

Kid's classmate: Why you give me only a book? What does your father do? How much does he earn?

Kid: It's not how much you spend, but how much u save.

Bravos to the kid. Shame on his classmate. I do contemplate having Jilliane back at St Nicholas for pre primary & primary education but I have my doubts as well. When I was there, there were already snooty kids who say things like hdb estates are filled with criminals so she will never stay in one. I can just imagine how much worse it has evolved now.

And yes, I spent a great amount of my childhood years sleeping & growing up in a hdb flat. I don't recall having snitched anything nor am I close to being a jailbird.

No comments: