Tuesday 28 July 2009

Planning baby girl's party

This is so reminiscent of my wedding preps 3 years back. We had to think of the date, the venue, the menu, the guests, the list goes on.

Finally after much debate, if to hold it on Saturday or Sunday, at home or outside, whether to have a bbq or a buffet or both, whether to invite everyone or just limit to family and close friends, we have come to a decision. It will be a Sunday lunch at the Club and we'll only open it to family and the really really close friends, where everybody knows everybody!

Now comes the part which I dread most, the rsvps. It was good that most people had the initiative to let me know if they were attending my wedding but I distinctly remember the handful who just got on my nerves. They kept saying not sure, not sure. Well, screw them. Not sure then don't come. If only they were more emphatic that the hosts have alot on their hands and time could be better spent making the party more memorable for those who were sincere in taking part in the celebration instead of having to chase and beg them for their replies.

I can only hope 3 years on people are better educated on manners and since this is a closed door affair, family & best friends will be much kinder.

Thanks Aunty G for helping me design my invite :) xoxo JD

No comments: