Sunday 1 July 2007

JuMp

Jump is in Singapore for 2 nights. It was pretty comical and I belived lotsa effort has been put in to ensure that the audience are thoroughly entertained. The sound effects were good. To me, it's takes a huge skill to co-ordinate the movements with the sound. It's a live performance and there's no 2nd chance.
However, I think the "old man's" appearance was rather bland. It was a poor imitation of our own Liang Po Po. Given the talent that Joo Sun Kim has in martial arts, he could have been given a meatier role when entertaining us. Instead there were scenes which were repetitive and after a while, it was just no longer humorous but rather a pain to watch.

There were also a few boo-hoo scenes. An actor missed catching his rod and another lost his balance when perfoming the somersaults in the air parts. Anyhow, since I am nowhere near doing any of these tricks, I shan't comment further as afterall, noone's perfect!
Overall, I think Jump pales in comparison to Nanta (cooking). I watched this many years back, when I was still in Uni, possibly 1998 or 1999. I missed it when it came to Singapore a couple of years back. Nanta is truly a joy to watch, I recall that every single part was funny, if not exciting. The way the knives were thrown about. It was a pity that when DH & I were in Seoul 2 years back, there wasn't enough time for us to slip in this itinenary in our hectic tour schedule. If anyone is in Seoul, do make it a point to catch this, it's worth every cent!

No comments: