Friday 27 July 2007

9am this morning

My heart almost stopped when I saw that STI fell by triple digits. My jaw dropped, I made a few quick calls to mom & dad. I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. Laugh because it seemed like a good buying opportunity, but cry because that would mean that stocks at hand are worth peanuts. I've seen enough of reds for the past few days.. when can I see green? Some despaired clients called today, most wanted a listening ear, so I was there for them. Majority were lamenting that too many housewives, too many "ah te ah kow" were playing without knowing the fundamentals and it's causing unnecessary frenzy. Serious players will not be affected by trivial news and the market would not be so volatile.
Despite these heart stopping disastrous moments, I'm sure that there have been many times when people's hearts were alive because of the big profits they were raking in. We've all got to be objective, there will be ups, there will be downs. As humans, such unpredicatable moments are what gets us all excited and injects life into our, otherwise mundane tasks. What's more as Chinese, I'm sure most of us has that bit of gambling blood in us. Love it, hate it, we can't do without it.

All I can say is, let's trade with a bit more sanity. Let's not get too caught up with making money that we neglect our families, our friends and most importantly, ourselves. Let's relax & have a good weekend! Cheers!

No comments: