Sunday 29 July 2007

Eventful weekend

We did quite abit this weekend which started out with a dinner on Friday at Beijing Gong, somewhere along Kreta Ayer. Steven brought us there to try it's dishes, which are supposedly prepared along the likes of what the Imperial Palace used to have during the Qing Dynasty. I'm not a very adventurous person when it comes to food, much less eat like a royal when I've always liked my good old wonton mee & mee pok tak. Whilst it does take a little getting used to the Beijing style of cooking, I must say it's a place I'll recommend for people who want Chinese fine dining & excellent service but with the warmth & comfort that usually is lacking in a high class restaurant.
Appetizers alone were enough to fill my stomach
Steven and his friend Derek who's the boss (the guy in the background)
Saturday started off with the long overdue Transformers. DH & me didn't understand the ending. Could someone enlighten me please? I thought the cube was to be put in Oct Prime's chest (or heart or whatever) as IT wanted to sacrifice ITself to save the world. How the heck did it end up in Megatron's chest (or whatever part it was) and killed Megatron?? After that I had dinner at Maggie Thai. It's SeeToh's turn to be 30! HAHAHA! Check out the pics of the really bashful b-day girl who ended up sleeping in the hotel room whilst everyone else was having the fun of their lives! Damn to alcohol! Or is it because she's now 30... HAHAHA.. Join the club Seetoh!



Sunday morning was spent with parents as usual with church. Before DH & I scooted off to watch Harry Potter, I brought them for brunch at Olio. Felt rather guilty after my talk with Ah Bee & Ah Fong last night.. which btw, Bee & Fong, I dreamt last night that I bought 4 tickets (for them, DH & myself) to fly from Sin - London - NY - Sin via Cathay Pacific??!! It was so real & scary.. heaved a sigh of relief when I woke up.. kekeke..

2 comments:

BeBe said...

Love for family shd be unconditional.. did u go check yr bank account closing balance after woke up fr yr dream? kekeke.. =P

Great Samba said...

ah fat!!!!! you har!!!!! *imagine strangling her and asking her to choose between life or money*