Wednesday 10 December 2008

Robinsons

I never could understand what was so hip about Robinsons. The clothes there were boring (and probably still are, with the exception of Coast) and I had always thought it was only a place where aunties congregate. How could it have survived for so long! Why was Robinsons' sale THE Sale worth waiting for? At this point, I was still hanging out at Zouk or MOS every Friday & Saturday.

As I was preparing for my wedding, my shopping list began to change slightly. Yes, there were still clothes & shoes on the list but bedsheets, quilts & pillows were slowly added. This was when I started to get excited about each Robinsons' sale. That would mean I could buy even more pillows, better quality bedlinens at a much lower price. It didn't help that Winsland House was only a stone's throw away. Every lunch time will be spent just walking round & round the household department. It was ok that I came out empty handed, as long as I had my kick of checking out the bedlinens and seeing which one had more threadcounts. Btw, I love Hush Puppies Royal, lovely to sleep on.

Now that I have a kid, it's getting even more exciting! Extra discount for card members means more savings for me. A mailer from Robinsons usually includes a voucher to offset against my total purchase. Doesn't matter that I'm no longer working at Winsland House. DW now is. *grins*. So I send him there ever so often to buy things on my behalf, or should I say, JD's behalf. The shopping list has now evolved to include toys, baby bottles, baby clothes. Yes, the 6th floor is our new found shopping haven.

I finally understand what's the big deal about a Robinsons' sale. I've graduated to Aunty status.

4 comments:

dardar6374 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dardar6374 said...

hahaha .. so funny. it's true now the only sales items which interest me are those with things for babies :)

moninet said...

ya.. our priorities have changed! :)

Lizhen said...

Hi! : ) Can I have a few of your baby photo to post to www.joybearer.com : ) thanks.

my email is joybearer7@gmail.com