Friday 26 December 2008

1 year ago












It's been a year since I was in Hokkaido, totally free spirited with no worries about time & money. We just did what we wanted, went wherever we felt like going but 365 days later, all these have changed.

I didn't know then that JD was already "baking" inside me. This term "baking" was coined by JD's daddy. I was drinking beer, snow skiing, jumping up & down in the snow & going to onsens almost daily. All these are strict no-nos when one's pregnant and I'm so grateful that my baby is out big & strong.

I can still remember wondering to myself why Hokkaido was not as cold as everybody claimed it was. It's hard to fathom how could I be shivering in Jeju but not in Hokkaido which is so much colder. I couldn't understand why I was dead beat by 7pm every night. As unlikely as it may sound, I attributed it initially to the long days and.. age. I had packed tons of pads to Japan, expecting my period but it never came. Again, I brushed it off, afterall I never had regular periods and being away in a cold, foreign land is a high possibility for the delay.

When I touched down in Singapore on New Year's eve, I tested, just for fun. It was negative. The next day, still no sign of blood. Hmm, I tested again. Negative. Well ok, I guess my period's super delayed. On 2nd January, I woke up early for work. Didn't know what to do so just took out another kit to test. 2 lines appeared this time round! I was shocked and excited. I called DW into the bathroom to see, just to ensure that my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. When he saw, he just looked at me blankly and asked, er.. so,what does that mean.. I went HUH.. you are the one who's been moaning to me for the past year that u want to be a father and now you are asking me what the 2 lines represent? Bish bish. MEN! Made a quick phone call to Gin who told me to visit Doc Fong straight away. I did and the rest is history.

Well, it's 1 year later and here I am now, blessed with a beautiful baby girl. Sure, it's hard work balancing a career, being a daughter, a wife and a mom but what I have in return is a wonderful family whom I can experience the X'mas warmth & festive cheer with.

Merry Christmas everyone & hope that 2009 will bring about good tidings for all for us!

No comments: