Friday 2 May 2008

Our 1st drive to work

We left the house at 6.45am this morning, just so we could escape the 7am ERP at CTE AMK ave 1. But alas, despite that, we were still hit by the jam and by the time we reached that ERP, it was 7.02am. Given that today is Friday and a day after a public holiday and the traffic at that stretch was a terror, I dread to think of the situation next Monday when everyone's out in full force.

Well, at least we did not have to pay ERP for the rest of the journey which was pretty smooth. After stopping for breakfast, I actually reached work at 7.45am - the time which I usually reach YCK MRT.

Overall, I will deem driving to work early in the morning a stressful one. Not only you have to deal with the ERP calculation, you also have to deal with the start-stop traffic along the way. But I suppose this still beats being squashed in the MRT where I always instintively place my hand on my tummy to protect it from being hit. Anyhow, the stress of driving is now on Dw, since all I have to do is enjoy being driven. Poor boy, but hey, thanks! I truly appreciate it! :)

No comments: