Friday 7 March 2008

A New Life!

I'm finally in my 14 weeks.

Is this right time for me to announce to the world, that a new life is growing inside me? Old wives' tale says that one should only go public after the 1st trimester. But when does the 1st trimester officially end? I dunno, some say it's the end of the 12th week, some say it's the end of the 13th week and yet others say it's the beginning of the 14th week.

Well, this should be a good enough time for me to let people around me know what's going on. Not that I'm superstitious, just that I didn't want to raise up any hype, only to be presented with disappointment. I think those out there who are mothers, will know exactly what I mean.

The past 3 months have been filed with apprehension and pain. First, it was elation when I saw the 2 lines on the kit on 2 January 2008. Then it dawned on me that I had downed lots of alcohol during the festive season and in Hokkaido. At that point, it became worrying. In between gynae appointments, I find myself wondering if baby is doing alright in my tummy. Following that, morning sickness kicked in and true enough, it was not just in the morning but throughout the day when I felt sick. I was perpetually tired, trying to sleep whenever I could.

I'm now in my 2nd trimester, or at least I think I am. The morning sickness does not seem to be tapering off but I do feel that I am slowly regaining my energy again. People say this is the trimester that I will enjoy myself most. I'm certainly looking forward to it! :)

No comments: