Monday 24 March 2008

JD's a He or She?

I had my much long awaited gynae appointment last Saturday. Gynae visits are now once a month, much much far apart, compared to the ones I had in my 1st trimester. During the 1st tri, visits were once a week, subsequently fornightly, then 3 wks once. Well, in a way I guess this helps us save $$. Gynae visits are certainly not cheap. Consultation and scan alone can set us back by about $100, not forgetting, there'll be those supplements that we need to purchase. Moreover, I've also heard stories about how too many ultrasounds can emit excessive radiation which is bad for baby. As what Candy said, what the parents derive happiness & excitement from will ultimately affect the baby's well being. Btw, this is not scientifically proven.

The Oscar test results were given to me last Saturday. This test mainly measures the length of fluid behind the baby's neck & some blood tests to see the risk of Down syndrome. Risk for mine was really low, thank God! This risk increases with age, so it brought about an awareness that if I'm intending for a 2nd baby, I really shouldn't wait too long.

The scan done on Saturday seems to reveal that I'm having a baby gal. Playful JD was showing me her butt cheeks and Dr Fong said there was no extra organ between the legs. Hmm, that means what the sonographer & I saw during the Oscar scan was not the extra organ! Well, we'll prob find out in 4 weeks time, when I'm due for my detailed scan at TMC!

No comments: