Friday 19 March 2010

Ah Ma is mine!!


Heard from mom recently that JD is starting to show her possessiveness. When another toddler tries to touch JD's favourite Ah Ma, she gets really angry and tries to push the toddler's hand away. And when asked if xxx (name of a toddler friend) can play with Ah Ma, she will start shaking her head furiously! Cannot!!

When I heard that, I smiled. That's so cute. At the same time, I felt a tinge of sadness, not so much that I'm not the one whom JD wants to possess (I mean, I probably would if it was a maid but since it's my own mom, it doesn't really bother me) but rather, by not being her main caregiver, I miss the chance to witness her little but meaningful stages of development.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's a great comfort that she is well taken care of by your mom so that you can concentrate on your work. of cos it would be best if you are the main caregiver, but i think she's getting the best option there is other than you :)

moninet said...

Yes, i'm grateful for my mom :) really, if not for her, i dunno if i can manage!! but yet at times, i wish i were like you! can spend so much time wif Ber & build a strong bond with her :)