Wednesday 2 December 2009

A not so good time


I've been feeling very lethargic since I came back from the States. I would probably attribute it to jet lag. It took me a week to accustom myself from Singapore time to US time but by then, it was time to come home and it took me another week to adjust from US time back to Singapore time. It sure didn't help that I was on another flight 4 days later. This time with an airline that didn't seem to have paid their fuel bills. It was stuffy and it sure wasn't surprising that Dw fell ill after our weekend getaway to Kuala Lumpur.

Mom was also ill just before we left for Kuala Lumpur. I guess looking after a baby full time is slowly taking its toll on her. JD's not an easy one to care for. She demands lots of attention and my mom's heart is too soft to let her cry continuously. (funny how she' so hard on her daughter but dotes so much on her granddaughter :P) JD now not only cries, she screams. It doesn't help that her hourly night wakings have returned. A week I'm away and everything's haywire. A terror is forming and I'm drained.

We're all burnt out and I feel that there is a negative aura going around. Whilst I'm thinking of ideas on how to change this positively, I'm also toying with the idea of either getting a helper in or putting JD in childcare.

I still do not know what is the right choice. It was by chance that whilst trying to google for good childcare options I came across this book by Steve Biddulph - Raising Babies - Should under 3s go to nursery. I'm only a quarter through and I'm kinda convinced that childcare is just not the way to go. In its extremity, this book recommends that I should not put materialism before my child and that I should quit my job and look after her full time. I don't think I can do that but once I've finished reading, I will re-evaluate my options and pray that God will once again guide me with the wisdom to make a decision best for JD & for ourselves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.. i guess diff books would look at things in a diff perspective.

Also next year Feb JD will be 18mths, maybe you can put her into some playgroup for the mornings so your mom can get some rest and JD can get some interractive time with other kids. There are quite a few playschools around your vacinity.

Speak of which I must remember to pass you the time table for the JG @ East Coast.

moninet said...

yep, but the ones near my place r the "branded" ones.. expensive!! we'll discuss more tis saturday :)