Friday 20 November 2009

Gen Powell (Ret)


I had a chance to attend a speech by General Colin Powell this afternoon, at the Moscone Convention Centre, San Francisco.

I can never thank God enough for creating this opportunity for me. I've always held this man in awe. I first knew him when I was in Sec 2. At that time, he was at the helm of the war in Iraq and because I was so interested in reading all the news about him, my general knowledge, especially on the topic of the war improved by leaps and bounds. In secondary school, the teachers wanted to force the students to read the newspapers so we had semester's tests on the happenings in Singapore & the rest of the world. I'm proud to say that I passed them with flying colours.

Today, he did not disappoint me. His speech was truly motivating, truly inspirational. He shared his experience on how he communicated with the janitors in the barracks and the hotdog seller along Park Avenue. He told stories on the vast difference from being a General whose presence was vital in the Oval room to a retired nobody, on how he now has to fly just like you & me as his 757 has been taken over by Hilary Clinton. He advised on how a good leader runs an organization successfully. He talked about Gorbachev and the role he played in the fall of the Berlin Wall and the break up of the Soviet Union (although up till today I still have doubts if this was a good move).

It's quite unfortunate that I was not able to take a picture with him. Nevertheless, I'm bringing home with me, words of wisdom, which will always be on my mind as I make decisions in my life, personal & work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://taxitoday.ru/rbt-birzha-taksi/]рбт такси биржа[/url]
[url=http://taxitoday.ru/ceny/]такси шевроле лачетти[/url]


Служба такси «Тудей» готова с радостью предложить своим клиентам качественный сервис пассажирских перевозок, учитывающий все самые прогрессивные достижения в сфере услуг такси всем клиентам. Наша работа такси основана на применении ультрасовременных технологий в сфере услуг, нашедшие большое применение в большинстве стран мира. В основе их лежит активное применение современных навигационных систем, таких как GPS и ГЛОНАСС.
Такси Today является прогрессивным перевозчиком, который в срок, выгодно и безопасно доставит пассажира в заданный район. Для клиентов есть возможность оформить заявку, воспользовавшись несложной формой заказа автомобиля на ресурсе. Благодаря этому клиент без промедлений получает льготу в размере 5%. Также, чтобы заказать автомашину, можно позвонить диспетчеру на многоканальную линию, который готов принять заказ 24 часа в сутки, на протяжении 7 дней в неделю. Или же воспользоваться сервисом Skype, либо вообще заказать обратный звонок, и тогда менеджер службы сам позвонит клиенту, чтобы уточнить
подробности заказа. Услуги такси предоставляются только с использованием исправных современных автомашин, которые периодически проходят технический осмотр.

[url=http://taxitoday.ru/]6482121[/url]
[url=http://taxitoday.ru/taksi-spb-nevskij-rajon/]работа в такси спб невский район[/url]