Wednesday 26 August 2009

Jilliane can self soothe! ~ almost

I'm glad to be able to say that my baby girl can finally fall asleep on her own. This means a great deal to both Dw & myself as now we can have a good night's sleep.

This was by no means an easy feat. We were hesitant to try the CIO method but yet we also wanted our much needed rest back. So we had to do what we had to do. Firstly, I googled for help and I came across Tammy. She was really helpful. She went through with me very patiently on the routines I had for Jilliane and after the fading method was not successful, we went on with controlled crying. Then I rang my cousin in law, Angelyn, for support. She was a great source of inspiration. When Jilliane was bawling continuously for the 1st night, she spoke with me and I believed she was praying for us at the same time. Afterall she and Ken-li had experienced this just about half a year back so she understood my apprehensions well.

My baby girl still does not sleep without wakings in the middle of the night. She still cries but most of the time she falls back to sleep on her own. Compared to what we had to go through previously, this is a vast improvement. Today is day 6 and we're counting down till day 14!

No comments: