Friday 21 August 2009

Jilliane at 11 months



Short of a month away from her 1st anniversary on planet earth, she certainly had shown much improvement in the development of her motor skills. Those who have been speaking with me often will know that I have been worried that she wasn't as mobile as the other babies around the same age as her.

Come 11 months, she suddenly began to crawl as fast as lighting, she keeps pulling up to stand and when she does that, Dw says she looks like a giraffe whilst Dx says she looks like an ostrich. And sometimes she stands 1 leg off the floor and looks like a flamingo. Whatever animal you resemble, mommy is just happy with you growing a little more day by day.

As I blog now, we're just a week shy of Jilliane's 1st birthday and I look forward to that day with mixed feelings. I'm amazed at how time passed and how lovely my baby girl has grown. I have this tendency to think 1 year back what I was doing with her rolling around in my tummy. For eg, during the National Day Rally last Sunday, I thought back about a year back when we were cheering the Sg Table Tennis team to victory and I thought about my anticipation of PM Lee's speech on the baby bonus.

Today, I've this screaming monster at home who has taken over my place as Dw's princess and ET's & PW's baobei.

I've said it many a time and I'll say it again, Mommy loves you!

No comments: