Tuesday 11 August 2009

Cheesecake


Took some time off last week to bake a cheesecake. Perhaps it was due to the hot weather and the adding of so many ingredients, that by the time the cake was ready to be consumed, I was too burnt out to have the appetite for it.

Dw & dad loved it, why shouldn't they? This contained 4 packs of Philly Cheese! No joke, it's a super expensive and a super high fat dessert. Now I'll willingly pay $6.50 for a slice of good cheesecake, anything less, will most probably contain less than satisfactory ingredients. I know that for a fact as I've spent about $50 on the ingredients, not including the flour, eggs which I "borrowed" from my mom.

I'm not sure if I will bake a 2nd one in the near future, but if I do, I will cut the biscuit crumbs by 50g (that means less sugar too) and will leave the cake to cool in the oven 1st to minimise cracking.

No comments: