Tuesday 24 June 2008

Wish you happiness

A very close friend of mine just told me she got attached. That's wonderful news & I'm truly elated for her. We both have come a long way, especially in the area of relationships. She's been through good ones & bad ones & since the last blow about 7 years back, she has more or less given up on men. Somehow when we try to hitch her up with one, she always dismisses the opportunities to incompatibility of characters or lack of time to date due to work commitments.

Nevertheless, she has been one great friend. She has always been encouraging about the relationships that her friends have. She was excited about my wedding and about my pregnancy. She has given me (and the other girls) all her support for all these happy occasions, despite not having a partner herself. She just wasn't keen on getting hitched any more and has resigned herself to establishing her career instead.

After so many years, we were all pleasantly surprised that she has finally decided to give herself ( & her partner) a chance. It was wonderful listening to how she gushed about him, how she had never expected to be able to meet someone so similar to her and whom she can share common conversational topics with.

Well.. Babe, from the bottom of my heart, I am very happy for you & I hope that you have finally found the one whom you will be able to spend the rest of your life with.

As I've always believed, be happy for others and happiness will bestow itself upon you. You go girl!

No comments: