Monday 16 June 2008

Me @ 28 weeks

I did my diabetes test last Saturday @ 28 weeks. It was really tiring. I had to fast from 12am the night before, took my 1st urine & blood test at 9am, drank the really sweet drink (which I thought & hoped would be similar to fanta orange but it was some lemon barley tasting thingy instead) and went for my 2nd urine & blood test at 10.30am. My last test was at 11.30am and by then I was super famished. The moment I could leave my gynae's clinic, I went to Soup spoon & gobbled down the whole bowl of mushroom soup.. delicious! I just received a call from my gynae by the way, and I do not have gestational diabetes! YAY!

This comes as a huge relief for me, praise the LORD! I was really worried as my baby was 200g overweight as of last Saturday and I myself had put on more than 2 kg. Apart from that, I was constantly thirsty. All these signs seem to point to the possibility of gestational diabetes. I'm so glad and I promise I will cut down on my ice cream intake. I mean it! Moreover, from now till my next gynae appt at 32 wks, I've been advised to put on a max of 1.5kg only. Now, that's not going to be very difficult isit? All I need is determination to curb unnecessary cravings!

No comments: