Friday 20 June 2008

Cramps

I hate leg cramps. They make me feel totally helpless :(

Last night was bad. It hit me once at 11.30pm and the second time at 5am. This is the 1st time that it happened twice in the same night and I'm really grateful to DW for being there, at such ungodly hours, to bend back my toes and massage my right calf. I broke out in cold sweat & was shivering & just wished someone could knock me out there & then. There was nothing I could do to help myself, except to ask Jesus, Mary & Joseph to stop the pain. At that point, I was reminded of my childhood days when I would pray for help and try to strike a bargain with God, like.. pls take away my pain & I promise I will never be naughty again..

Since the start of the 2nd trimester, leg cramps have been an often occurence in the night. Recently, the fear has been interrupting my sleep to the point that I've grown afraid to sleep. After the 5am awakening this morning, I chose to sit up on the bed instead of lying down. I remember reading somewhere before that as delivery date draws nearer, sleeping at night may be alot easier by simply sitting up. How do I get a good rest in this manner? It's almost like sleeping in the aeroplane where somehow sleeping ain't sleeping at all.

I dread to think of the many days when DW will be away in July & August & where I'll be left alone to save myself.... September, pls come soon...

No comments: