Monday 27 June 2011

Shepard's Pie



It's been ages since I've had a decent Shepard's Pie. Frankly I think the best ones I've ever had were the ones at Gab's parties during our college days. Recently those I've eaten pales in comparison, especially those commercially made ones sold at the shops. No matter how authentic the claims are, they just somehow do not make the mark. So much so, that I promised myself to make my very own. I trawled through tons of recipes online, and finally found 2 that seemed tasty enough and combined the best parts of both to create my very own Shepard's pie!

And so I did. Not the best I admit but it's good enough for my family to enjoy. JD came up to me with her thumbs up and my mom & helper (both of whom are not into overly sweet nor salty stuff) were enjoying up to their last bits.

I'm very encouraged to make a 2nd attempt, to make it slightly saltier the next round. DW says the beef & potato could be a little tastier. I did cut back on the salt by ALOT (almost non existent) as being the ever health conscious me, I thought the butter & sweetness of the ingredients would more than sufficiently make up for the blandness. But apparently not... I'll just opt for the healthier version: pan salt :)

No comments: