Friday 31 December 2010

Accomodation in Bali

*moninet taps fingers*

where should we stay, where should we stay?

I'm been mulling on this, toggling amongst the numerous choices that were thrown to us. The different areas are confusing enough to baffle me. Some say Ubud, but I say no. I'm no artisan and I'm not about to stay in the middle of a padi field. Some say Nusa Dua to enjoy private pristine beach time and Aaron swears by the pool and rooms at Conrad but I need my shops, Dw needs his fast food fixes. And don't people say, going to Bali means living the Bali experience, ie, staying in a villa with a private pool, our own personal butler and having someone cook your breakfast?

Damai Villa at Lovina was tempting. I have never seen dolphins swimming in the oceans, but this wasn't enough to overpower my fear of isolation. I convinced myself I would stay there when JD was big enough to appreciate the dolphins and go "wow" at each jump.

Seminyak seemed good enough and I was kinda set on Bvilla but their policy was weird. They wanted me to sign a release statement with my credit card details, they wanted a copy of the front & back of my credit card and they wanted a copy of my passport. All these didn't make me feel too secure. Too many stories of credit card scams going round. And I didn't want to be a difficult customer by asking for exceptional waiver of their requirements so reluctantly, I gave it a miss. On a side note, the staff managing the emails was really efficient and patient, giving quick replies to my queries.

Which, may be a blessing in disguise afterall! We finally decided on villa de daun, highly recommended by I-Lin. It's in Kuta, but yet off the happening stretch so we sort of get the best of both worlds. Convenience with serenity. Not very cheap but at least I'm getting peace of mind, which is what vacations are all about!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang i am envious! ok do the recceing for me...lemem know if it is family friendly.. maybe i can pop by after CNY to rejuvenate and before the 2nd one pops up!

Pam