Monday 8 November 2010

A new adventure at the beach


JD loves going to the beach. She gets really excited when I tell her, "pack up! we're going to the beach!". She'll take her pail, spade, watering can & moulds and rush to put on her shoes.

However, JD simply abhors the sand. She thinks it's dirty. She wouldn't walk barefoot on the sand, she wouldn't sit on the sand. She wouldn't touch the sand. The only thing she would do is to just scoop up the sand with the spade and throw it into the mould.

Yesterday, we saw a difference. I had initially taken off her shoes & dragged her across the sand, down to the sea. She was squealing in fear. But somehow, things turned slightly better and she started to play with the sand, literally using her fingers to dig at the sand. Needless to say, I was like.. ee yucks cos I'm not a fan of sand either. (though I knew I had to put aside this dislike so that JD would have a chance to explore the sand to decide for herself if she was going to follow her mommy's footsteps)

And the day ended with her feet being buried in the sand. A remarkable improvement!:)

No comments: