Sunday 29 August 2010

The energy from chaos

I was just watching a short clip on the walls of Singapore whilst waiting for the English NDP rally by PM Lee.

William Lim, principal architect of Golden Mile Complex defended his unique design which is in serious dilapidating condition, to which he retorted: if there's no chaos, there's no energy.

It struck me immediately as this can be applied to so many aspects of our lives.

Close to our hearts, I ask is the lack of chaos the very root of our disintegrated society? Previously when money was scarce, when we wouldn't know if there would be food on our table for the night, our relationships were strong. We loved our parents, we loved our friends, we loved our partners. Essentially, we treasured them. We had the energy to continue to love strongly as we were all interdependent on one another.

However as we progress, we are alot harder in our wills and we hold no qualms in ridding useless people out of our lives. We can just walk out of relationships without batting a single eyelid because we think that we can afterall survive by ourselves. Which I do not doubt that we can but if one day the whole world to collapse can we survive alone or we will sing Aellulia?

I'm guilty of this but ironically I'm not ashamed of it. Perhaps i'm just looking for justifications, but if I do not seek chaos, how can I possibly build up the energy that is so lacking & without this energy how can I improve and be appreciative of who and what is around me?

Just like the good old days..


No comments: