Monday 7 June 2010

Period of Pain


1st week of June has been tough. Usually this time of the year would be a time of celebration, drinking & having fun. But not this year.

I unfortunately sprained my lower back again the Sunday before my birthday. The sprains last week left me alot more immobile than the 1st one which happened. I hate to say this but both times it happened were because I was busy with JD. The 1st happened when I was trying to carry a bawling JD out of her cot in the middle of the night and the 2nd time was in the bathroom when I was trying to get the mischievous one to bathe. Since then, it's been a week since I carried her and yes, I do miss carrying her.

A week passed & I'm still whining about the pain. I still can't walk normally and I wish I could be lying in bed instead of having to go to work. Each time I get up from sitting for a long time, I can feel the pain searing down my back. It makes think if I didn't have an epidural, would it have made a difference. And I wonder why does my life seem to go downhill after giving birth to JD. It's really bad of me to say such things and I really have to slap myself. I just hope it's a period which will pass quickly enough.

Meanwhile a consolation from all these is that I'm glad JD understands that mommy hurt her back & is in pain. Yesterday whilst I was trying to get her to take her nap, she asked to be carried, but this time round, she specifically asked for mama (as in Ah ma) or Papa and I asked her "can mommy carry you"? She answered "no no" and put her hand on her back, says "mi.. pain". It's moments like this when I could just slam my head against the wall for ever harboring bad thoughts about motherhood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats so sweet of JD :)

bernice knows my mom hurt her hand and when my mom tried to carry her out from the carseat, she would say "mummy carry.. popo hand pain pain".. it's just amazing how they seem to understand so much logic at times, yet turn around and drive us up the wall. hahaha

oh and they dont like to see their love ones hurt, that day my mom had a bad cramp and couldnt straighten her leg, ber cried when she saw my mom in pain and kept crying "no no".. or when my mom tried to help me apply medicated plaster on the back of my neck due to stiff neck, she would cry too and say no pain no pain.. like asking the pain to go away