Tuesday 26 January 2010

Dreams about school

Intermittently for the past few years and intensifying alot more recently, I've been having scary dreams. Not dreams about death nor dreams about ghosts, but dreams about school!

It's scary because my dreams are filled with issues like me not passing up my A Math homework to Mrs Yeo, or having a Math paper the next day but I've not sorted out my formulae for sine & cosine. I even have dreams about me missing the deadline to sign up for modules and tutorials in for the new Uni semester. I always jolt myself awake panicking for these reasons, only to be filled with relief that alas, all these are just dreams.

A friend whom I was sharing this with, told me that these are fears which I have encountered in my growing up years. Well, to keep the record straight, I've never missed any datelines for any module registration and I've always managed to sort out my Math queries before any major exams. At most, I just skipped a couple of tutorials & lectures here & there and sometimes forgot to hand up my homework. Other than that, I've been perfectly fine with school.

Having said that, I gotta admit that I've been a quite a stressed up student at school. My cousins did darn well and I was expected to perform up to standard too. Whether this was really other people's expectations or whether it was just my own expectations that I was trying to live up to, I've not totally figured out yet.

Perhaps it's because of these dreams that I rather spend my weekend playing with JD, bringing her to malls or to the park than toiling through classes and reciting ABCs with her. I've also made up my mind NOT to put her in Tao Nan. People whom I've shared this with have commented that I'm really silly with almost a free pass in since I'm a Hokkien and my house is within 1km of that school. But no, looking at how elitist our new breed of children are these days, I'm pretty sure I do not want JD to follow in the same footsteps.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's still too early to decide now about Taonan.. guess settle ur N nad K issues then decide.. hahaha. but i personally dont like taonan, abit too chinese for my preference. haha

moninet said...

ya, tt's the impression it gives me too. but some ppl say if it produces the results, who cares if it's chinese or indian or malay. hahaha.. but i think i still want my girl to have her education in a christian setting:)

Anonymous said...

CHIJ Katong :)