Monday 8 June 2009

Dear Godma

Her sudden demise shocked me. I was supposed to pop by on Saturday morning but I couldn't make it & decided to go on Sunday morning instead. Then my Godsis, Evan, messaged me at 7.30am on Sunday to go over in the afternoon instead as she would be around too. I had a prior arrangement to meet friends for tea. Something in me told me to cancel that appointment but I didn't. At 11.30am, she messaged me that Godma had passed away at 9.20am. Since I received that message, I was like a walking zombie for the rest of the afternoon.

Why hadn't I realised that if I wanted to visit someone, I should not postpone it. Especially when there was a nagging thought in my head that just wouldn't go away. People always say don't put things off till tomorrow when they can be done today. But more often that not, we learn our lesson too late.

I will bring Jilliane to Godma's funeral mass at church this Thursday. I'm glad that my mom and Dw support this decision. Afterall this is her God Grandma who had painstakingly knitted her 1st cardigan and her 1st booties. This is her God Grandma who loved and cared for her mommy since birth. This is her God Grandma who was so proud that Jilliane promoted her to a God Grandma.

No comments: