Sunday 27 July 2008

Trigger Fingers

It's official. Doctor has diagnosed my condition as trigger fingers. However as I'm now preggie, it's not wise for him to inject the steriod at the bottom of my middle finger. The only thing I can do now is to do finger exercises daily, ie to open my hands to force all the fingers to straighten and clench my fist repeatedly 2o times, one set when I wake up & one set before I sleep. In any case, the steriod injections can only be a maximum of 3 times in one lifetime, if the 3 jabs do not work, the last option will be an operation to cut off the tendon.

I thought trigger fingers will only hit adults like after 50 yrs old, those who do manual work. Apparently this is a myth. The doctor cautioned me against wringing clothes dry after hand wash, I should just let the clothes drip dry (Guilty - have been busy washing JD's clothes) and carry bags using fingers' strength instead of the palm (Guilty once again). Well friends, take care whilst you still can. Don't stinge on a washing machine!

No comments: