Thursday 17 July 2008

Nesting

I've been busy cleaning & packing up my room, busy washing JD's clothes, busy wiping off the dust on my furniture at home. They call this nesting, cleaning as though your mother in law is coming over for a visit.

Apparently this is a common behaviour of mothers who are nearing delivery of their babies. There doesn't seem to be a scientific reason to explain this, perhaps it's nature's way of training mtb for the arrival of the little one.

It's amazing how I did not feel compelled to do these chores. Unlike CNY's spring cleaning when my mom has to constantly nag at me to clean up my room, I was on auto pilot mode this time round! It can be akin to how some people can strangely find the pain of tattooing addictive. Nesting seems highly addictive too. Once I started, it was hard to stop. Probably the only reason that made me stop was because I was getting breathless with all the bending & squatting. Btw, the washing machine is out of order so the clothes were handwashed all the way.
I've set aside a little space in my existing wardrobe for JD, doesn't seem sufficient, just look at the amount of clothes that she has for just the 1st 6 months of her life!

No comments: