Wednesday 29 October 2014

Taiwan 2014 Day 6 - Cingjing and Taipei

Breakfast at the villa was porridge with fried eggs, pork floss, cabbage, hash brown and toast. It's amazing how such simple food can be so comforting for the soul and gives such a homely touch when you are far away from home.



yummy milk tea! pity jill didn't fancy this as she's so used to teh -c KOSONG

Because of our dinner last night at Carton King, we had free tickets to Swiss Garden (瑞士小花园). I know how people have gushed over the beautiful flowers there. Yeah, many colourful flowers but I'm just NOT into flowers. Flowerdome bores me unfortunately... Dw and the kids were naturally bored so I will say that asides being a place for kids to run around and dating couples to kissy, it will be absolutely crazy to pay entrance fees to visit that place.


We had gotten our minsu to arrange for transport for us to have lunch at 伊拿谷 - Inako. I have heard so much about their roasted chicken that I just had to try it and it didn't disappoint! But we ordered way too much food! For the 4 of us, a roast chicken, hotpot and probably a plate of vegetables would have been enough. I stood there watching the guy patiently roasting the chicken, taking it out to spray some oil on it then roast it again in the huge earthern pots which I used to see as a kid in Singapore but not anymore.

very thoughtful of them to provide gloves with plastic, makes it so much more comfortable peeling chicken knowing that your hands will not be oily!


he looks very pleased with the chicken he's roasting!
By then, my throat was hurting real badly and it didn't help that I slipped and twisted my ankle. I was just relieved that all these happened on the 2nd last day and we were headed back to Taipei after lunch. Before that, we made a stopover at feeling 18degrees on route from Cingjing to Taichung HSR to try their chocolates. It's nothing worth mentioning, except that they really do control the number of customers in their shop as the temperature has to remain at 18 degrees, literally. I got a queue no. but never went back in as the chocolates look very similar to Royce which we have back home. Moreover we were already feasting on our ice cream, also from 18 degrees.




The kids had a blast for sure, since this trip was planned around them. I'm really glad we did this. It may have been quite troublesome, having to change hotels, change transport, get on the train and buses but it was worth it. And yes, we are looking forward to Hong Kong in December!

No comments: