Wednesday 29 October 2014

Taiwan 2014 - Day 5 Lemur Feeding and Cingjing

This morning was spent feeding the lemurs. Poor Jenson had the fright of his life and so we kinda blew our moolahs away since it cost 499NT regardless adult or child. He stuck with his dad so his dad naturally got a bit moody with a terrified child clinging to him. BUT Jill & me.. we had one of the best experiences in our lives! (Ok I don't really know about her, but it's  YES for me!) A lemur jumped on me! A lemur jumped on me! Cheap thrill I know, but hey, what are the chances of this ever happening to me!





After this we packed up, checked out and we headed to Hsinchu HSR station for our HSR ride to Taichung. Had their MOS burger before boarding the train.. had a hard time ordering my plain burger :( When we were up on the platform at the station, there was a strong wind alert. NOW, THAT was scary. I felt I was about to be blown off and naturally I held on very strongly to Jenson who at 15kg really seemed too light at that point in time.


very pleased man, he loves MOS burger!
waiting for the HSR on a very windy day
Pre-arranged private transport picked us from Taichung HSR station and after a long winding road up the mountains to Cingjing, we checked into into our minsu, Star Villa, and our host drove us up to Green Green Grassland (青青草原). Sheeps roamed around us and Jenson got terrified by them again. No joke, he got hounded by hungry lemurs in the morning and now chased by sheeps who never seem to have enough of feeds! I'm just relived that eventually caved in and probably decided to shut my nagging up once and for all and went for a ride on a mini horse. Jill was ever the most sporting one and gamely did whatever she could.





It was quite a long walk down to the Cingjing Centre. In fact we didn't realise that there were so many parts to 青青草原. After exiting the sheep area, we entered another arena where there were more trees, more grass and horse performing area. We ended the evening with dinner at Carton King, interesting concept where we sat on cardboard chairs. Even Jen's highchair was made of cardboard which I wasn't sure if it could really take his weight with 4 chair legs made out of thick paper. It did hold up well, so yeah, I'm impressed! We ordered Hokkaido milk hot pot, yummylicious!



Our little villa's boss, Terry, gives nightly stargazing sessions at 9pm. The sky was filled with so many stars. It reminded me of the time when we were in Mt Cook. And for the 1st time, I learnt that was an app, Sky Map which will show us the name of each star. All we had to do was open the app, lie on the floor, face the camera towards the sky and there we have it, the map of the sky, the constellations. Awesome! And in our little room, when we switch off the lights, our ceiling will light up with luminous stickers of our friends in the planets above! Do Min Joon shi.... hi hi!






No comments: