Tuesday 7 September 2010

Lost in Bella


I've tried to resist starting on the Twilight series as long as I could. I knew that if I started, I would be transported into a fantasy world. I know myself best and true enough, now I wish that I was a character in the book, if only I was Bella Swan, torn between a vampire and a werewolf. I mean, how cool can that be!

Every waking moment is spent burrowing myself into the books and I'm half wishing that these are magical books, books that will never end with stories that just go on & on.

A bookworm since as young as I can possibly remember, I would snap up every book in any series that I could lay my hands on. I recall anticipating eagerly for the new book in the Nancy Drew series. I would read & re-read Enid Blyton's stories. I will always remember Elizabeth the naughtiest girl in school, the Wishing Chair, Mr Moonface etc. I can't help but smile to myself, when these characters come flashing back. As I grew older, I started on those teenage love stories from Sweet Valley High and I can still recall how I would drool over Bruce Patman, notwithstanding that he is all but a created, painted face. On hindsight, Bruce does resemble Jacob the werewolf and they both have the dark deep set eyes that C Ronaldo has. (My taste in men has been pretty constant ya)

I'm now hemming & hawing on each page of Eclipse as I know that once this ends, I have to move on to Breaking Dawn and that spells the end of my Bella Swan fantasy. Once again, I dread to get back to reality.

No comments: