Friday 28 May 2010

North Island - Rotorua & Auckland

We flew to the North Island via Air NZ. The propeller plane flew low and we could see the mountains throughout. Some snow capped, some green.

If you ask me, I would prefer South Island over North Island. It could be due to the slightly warmer weather and perhaps people over at the North were a little gruffier.

Auckland was certainly no fun, traffic was a mad house and the hills and hidden roads made the nightmare worse. Perhaps things would have been better if I had a GPS but since we had no issues driving around with just a map and road signs in the South, I thought it would be similar in the North.

Alas, it was not that simple. Well, we still got ourselves from point A to point B, but the highways were definitely not as straight forward as the South and lots of reversing had to be done.

The main highlights of the North were the Maoris in Rotorua. The show they put up was worth every single cent we paid for and the host somehow reminded me of Obama. Amazingly even though the live performance they put up was really "fierce" and "noisy", JD was not an inch afraid, in fact she was intrigued throughout the show & even bugged us to show her the video when we got back to Singapore. Not once, not twice but even up to three times a day!

And of course DW had his kick of Zorbbing... totally drenched but totally exhilarated!

Auckland is like a typical city, just that I would rather be in Hong Kong anytime. But bo pian, it was the only way I could get my flight back to Singapore. Haha.

Check out my North Island pics right here!

No comments: