Friday 30 April 2010

New Zealand - Intro

I'm now blogging from Marina Mantra, a lovely 2 bedroom apartment in Queenstown, facing Lake Wakatipu, which I do not regret paying a premium for. When I'm on vacation, I want to really relax & enjoy, otherwise I might as well backpack. I sort of back packed once in my whole life, in Europe, mainly France. Being caught in a downpour, having little cash, living on bread & shaved ham almost everyday are things I probably not do ever again.

This road trip took me quite abit of guts to proceed. I hemmed & hawed for the longest time. I worried about JD's meals, JD's diapers, JD's behaviour during the long long car rides. Finally I told myself that if I wanna do it, just do it. So I did it and with help from Google, Trip Advisor, David & Janelle, I finally worked out a 2 week road trip in New Zealand.

It's half way through my trip and I'm enjoying myself lots. Of course, this wouldn't have been possible without my wonderful driver, DW, whom my admiration of has gone up many notches and my awesome parents who entertained JD during the long car rides. I also thank God for the wonderful weather and for blessing me with good navigational & map reading skills.

When I was doing my research, there were lots of questions in my mind. How difficult will the drive be, where's good to eat etc.. I'll be blogging in parts, of my entire trip, with the hope that this will encourage more parents to travel to NZ with their children. JD had a wonderful time feeding sheeps, watching the gushing waterfalls and playing with the ducks outside our apartment.

I end this post with a lovely photo of Lake Wanaka, an awesome view from our apartment at the Edgewater Resort.

No comments: