Monday 12 January 2009

Mummy Best!

From the weekend that just passed:

1) I replied Candy's sms at 6+am on Saturday morning. When I met her later at Geri's wedding, she commented that I was awake as early as she was and apparently it's something most mothers are in sync with. Since JD's arrival, regardless weekend or weekday, it's a norm for me to automatically wake up at 3am just to have a peek at her in her cot and then again at 6am to prepare for her entire day's feed. According to my mom, this is mother's instinct and soon I'll be just like her 30 years ago, carrying JD to her peepot at 3am so she will learn not to wee wee on her bed.

2) At Geri's wedding, I was carrying JD in one hand, using the other to take food from the buffet spread. I didn't think much about it until I brought it back to the table and the guys, including Dw, started laughing and shaking their heads. I later learnt that they were in awe of my balancing act.

3) JD fell asleep in my arms in the car and I carried her all the way home. So as not to disrupt her sleep, I continued to carry her instead of putting her back in her cot. Again, without much thought I just changed out of my jeans to my Pj pants. When I walked out of the room, Dw asked if I did that with her in my arms! *LOL*

No comments: