Sunday 23 November 2008

A Mother's Reflection











An excerpt from Advent 2008 Reflections:

"He slipped into this world into my arms, placed there by heaven. He is straight from God. He is an indescribable gift. As I looked upon him, peace & purity fill the air around him. Through joyful tears I whisper in his ear, "We are glad you are here. We waited so long to see you." He opens his eyes and I am transformed. A timeless moment filled with infinity of what life is. In his eyes I see total recognition, unconditional love and complete trust. I am a mother. In that instant I feel, and in my heart I know, everything I need to know to guide him.

Time will fly; suddenly he will be grown, a young adult ready to soar into the world and give what he came here for. Letting go will be wrenching and yet we know that he is not ours to keep. He came to us to teach us lessons, to give us joy, to make us whole and to connect us to God. My hope and prayer that as his mother, I am able to serve him well."

No comments: