Tuesday 14 August 2007

Your last thoughts

Quote " One the day you die, you ask yourself: What have you done and is this the kind of life that you wanted? ... We are so busy chasing everything else we forget to ask ourselves 'What is our purpose?" Unquote. Ken Lim - Arena Sept 2007.

I can never understand. Maybe I shouldn't take such statements literally. It could be just a figure of speech. But I can't help but wonder why people have to be so philosophical about their lives ( &/or deaths?) It's such an irony when on the same article, he commented that our (Quote) "media's superficial assessment of our televsion artistes and the Government's push to be a creative hub." Unquote.

I've not been on the brink of death so I do not know what my last thoughts will be. But I know for sure, I will not think of what I did in my living years. I will just be comforted knowing that I was happy once and was lucky to have loved and to be loved. For a fact, I most probably will be scared shitless to think of much.

No comments: