Thursday 24 November 2011

Coping with 2 kids

It has been a tiring 2 months.. Somehow when 1 thing goes wrong, other stuff just collapse all at the same time!

Firstly Jill has been having on off fever a couple of days after jenson came home & this fever lasted for more than a month ( only after a recent chest X-ray & blood test then we discovered it was due to bronchitis). On top of that she has ear infection & her visits to the ENT have cost me a bomb! Next our helper did something very wrong & we sent her back immediately. Needless to say, Jill has been very clingy & whiny which I don't blame her since she's sick & had to vie for my attention at the same time. But somehow i felt so guilty about not giving her my 100% attention that i finally broke down 1 night. Both Derwin & I were totally exhausted & really wanted to throw in the towel!

I prayed hard for God's protection & guidance. Through my prayers I was lucky to have received excellent tips from Ms Fiona Walker, Principal Director of Julia Gabriel, on how to shower my attention on both Jill & Jen.. Her idea on getting someone else to concentrate on my newborn was definitely very apt. Through God's will, I am thankful to have gotten a great stay in nanny to help us care for Jenson. Now I am able to shower more love & care on Jilliane & she's recovering well. Ms Walker also reminded me that it is vital to be understanding & give Jill a sense of security. With this in mind, I will always reassure her that mommy loves her and she is very important to me. I shower her with lotsa hugs & kisses. She's also a much happier child evidently as now she even tells me she misses her baby brother & will find every opportunity she can to kiss & "sayang" him. This is so different from the initial stages when she would cry whenever she sees me carrying didi.

It's time for Thanksgiving & I'm thankful for the wonderful support that I've gotten from those around me & I continue to pray for strength to be a good mum to 2 children & for my new helper to come in soon. And of course a good one too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2nd helper ?