Monday 18 May 2009

Her own mind, her own world

Baby girl hasn't learnt to crawl. I think she'll be one of those babies who will skip the crawling stage. I heard that this isn't good at all, as babies who skip it will not know how to differentiate 'b's from 'd's. I've tried so hard to teach her how to crawl. Books say it's very simple, just put baby's favourite toy in front of her, out of reach, and the baby will move towards it. Like real.

Unfortunately it ain't that straightforward. My baby girl has a mind of her own. Firstly, she loses interest in things very fast that it's hard to determine what will entice her. She can like toy A today but refuse to go near it tomorrow. Secondly, when I place a toy on the mattress, she will keep tugging at the sheets till the toy comes towards her. If the toy is on the floor, she will change target since there's nothing for her to pull. Else, she will just yell the house down till one of us brings it to her.

That's my baby girl.

No comments: