Wednesday 29 April 2009

The Swine & the Bull

Somehow the recent outbreak is worrying me. I wasn't even too concerned about SARS then. Then, it was just me. I couldn't care if I were dead. I still remember having been sent to CDC after my trip back from Vietnam and following that given a whole week's MC to be on a safe side. Bliss!

Now, there's the little one. After that tiring week at the hospital, I know that it is not something anyone would want again. I think I will play it safe. For the time being, no more outings to air conditioned, crowded places. No traveling (ain't I glad the cruise is over). If it was upcoming, I may have just asked for a postponement or even a cancellation.

Alarm bells started ringing this morning when Ah Ma said baby girl's forehead was warm. My heart skipped a beat & took her temperature. It was normal, but told Ah Ma to continue to monitor the whole day.

Some thoughts, will the bull return after this pandemic dies out? Think back 98 Asian Economic crisis, followed by SARS and what followed thereafter.....

No comments: