Wednesday 3 September 2008

My delivery story

30 August 2008 - Saturday, 10am

Doc Fong checked that cervix was very soft but water level had gone down since last appt a week ago and baby was moving less. Put me on CTG, was already having regular contractions every 10 mins but I wasn't even aware of it! He wanted me to check in to hospital for a more thorough check up but I pushed it till the next day as I wasn't mentally prepared yet. But he pre-empted me that I may be one of those who may deliver in a taxi as my cervix was soft and labour could be fast. He thought for a while and said 31 August was ok but if I bled or had water leaking or contraction pains, I had to admit immediately. Agreed!

31 August 2008 - Sunday

5.45am - Woke up to pee, discovered blood in the toilet bowl. Woke DW & mom up. Mom to make breakfast for me & DW to get ready to send me to hospital. Cervix mucus plug has dislodged!

6.30am - Arrived at Mt Alvernia and proceeded to be admitted.

7.30am - 1st VE (which was bloody painful even though I was high on gas) - dilated 1.5cm. Sigh.. what a long way more to go. If I ever have a 2nd kid, I don't think I will rush to hospital so soon.

10.30am - 3cm dilated. Doc Fong broke my water bag... ewee... hot gushes of water just wouldn't stop flowing.

11am - Epidural by Doc Chong.. Epi is as godsent! No pain, no tension, no stress.

1.30pm - 4cm dilated... aiyoh, another 6cm more to go, that could be nightfall!

3.30pm - Fully dilated! I had a shock! So soon!! Told the nurse to take her time. I wasn't in a hurry to give birth, heheh..

4.30pm - started pushing. Baby's head could be seen. It was tiring and I suggested using vacuum. Finally BB Jilliane was born!
Publish Post

1 comment:

Great Samba said...

congrats congrats congrats! haha this pic is so cute!! u lucky girl, giving birth seemed so easy for u hor.